Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Recipe of the Month: Turkey Squash Bake

       It's that time again! Get ready for a delish meal guys, I'm absolutely in love with this one.  I got this recipe from one of my best friends, Christy, and bugged her incessantly for over two months to get it. 
      She graciously let me stay at her house a while back for her engagement party, and my flight didn't land until 11:45pm!  Needless to say, I was runnin' on fumes by that time.  She just so happened to have made this bake the night before, and warmed me up some in the microwave so I didn't have to go to bed starving. Oh. My. Gosh. it was fantastic, even as left overs! 

       An additional bonus for this meal: it's Paleo!  As I've mentioned before, I don't subscribe to any particular "diet", but I do try ("try" being the important word here haha) to limit my grain intake when I can, I've just noticed it makes me feel better.  Problem is, I LOVE carbs/bread/grains.  But as a carb-craver, let me tell you that I don't miss them at all in this meal, it's too yummy!

Alright, enough jabbering, here's the recipe:

What You'll Need (It's not much!)
  • 1 lb ground lean turkey
  • 2 cups mushrooms, sliced
  • 2 yellow squash, sliced
  • 1 small onion, diced
  • 1 tbsp olive oil
  • 1 sprig fresh rosemary
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 tomatoes, slcied
  • 1/2 cup - 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese

What To Do 

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Sauté the onion in the olive oil until tender. Add the ground turkey, mushrooms, and garlic. Cook until turkey is browned (keep an eye on the heat so you don't burn the garlic!)  In large bowl combine the sautéed ingredients, 2 eggs, rosemary, squash, salt and pepper. Transfer the mixture to a casserole dish, top with sliced tomatoes and the Parmesan cheese, and bake uncovered for 30 minutes.

                                             And there you have it - a big bowl of comfort!

It might not be pretty, but it sure is yummy! Also, my photo skills suck, sooo...yeah.

Side note:  I still don't have a camera (lame, I know), but I just upgraded to an iPhone 5, so hopefully my picture quality will go up a little bit from here on out!

No comments:

Post a Comment